I suggest you ...

Linux (debian) support for desktop app

The beta has been released for the desktop notifier app, which is great. Could you guys make a version of it that runs on linux systems? It shouldn't be that tough, I figure. I'm no dev, but you could use Libnotify to do this, no?

144 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
blair.antcliffe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have a feature that appeals directly to people who use their PCs a lot, but then you don't support Linux, which is the preferred operating system for such people. Please fix this as soon as possible.

• rubeast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat. Notifications stopped working for Chrome on Linux (Kubuntu).
    Still get the low battery notifications.

• sam.pyles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get notification on linux with chrome any more... Stopped not that long ago.. Funny thing is I still get battery low notifications. What gives?

• fcastillo.ec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rich notifications are out for linux but I don't think mightytext are using them, because I don't see any notifications anymore under chrome.

• matt.seabold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Libnotify should be easy, but once chrome rich notifications for chrome come out for Linux, that is likely the way to go

Feedback and Knowledge Base