I suggest you ...

Security Features

For users concerned with security, it would be very helpful if you offered a page with a description of your security on your website. for example, it would be useful to know:

- the encryption used in device to server and server to device communication.
- whether data stored on servers is encrypted, and if so, using which cipher.
- whether passwords are salted and hashed.

SMS can contain data requiring some level of security, for example, one time codes for login/banking, and many users will want some assurance that messages are held and transmitted over the web securely.

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with the comment above. On your main page you mention "safe and secure" but what does this mean? Am HOPING that all communication is at least encrypted. Could you please clarify?

• leechyeah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my Web interface i believe i just received 2 sms messages from a person i don't know... these messages did not even appear on my phone. This may be a huge security flaw. i have contacted support and included a screenshot.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here. i think it's highly risky to send bank transfer codes with mightytext. an option to exclude certain numbers on the phone could provide security

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or add the possibility to exclude certain sms from being synced (for example those from my bank). could be implemented by adding an option to blacklist certain contacts....

Feedback and Knowledge Base