I suggest you ...

Have an option to not sync messages from short codes, for 2-factor security

2-factor security for most sites depend on a SMS message sent to phone. In the case where a Google account linked to Mightytext is compromised, the attacker may get access to text messages as well. The fact that 2F verification codes are also synced poses a security loophole.

Would really appreciate the option to not sync 2F verification codes (generally sent from a short code number) through Mightytext, even for basic (non-pro) users. This is a fundamental security issue that should be addressed for the sake of users!

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
leixusam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • greg.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely this.

There are various times when you need to prevent certain contacts from syncing (I notice someone is asking for a blocklist for MMS pictures, too). All it needs to be is a list of contacts that you choose NOT to sync to MightyText (for SMS or MMS). This would solve privacy issues as well as security issues. Voted +3.

• IM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or simply have a "Don't sync from this number..." I think it should be at the user's option as I have 2 factor setup on my Mighty text-linked account, but I would sometimes like 2-factor texts in Mighty Text so I don't have to check my phone for them, so make a user-configurable blacklist.

Feedback and Knowledge Base