I suggest you ...

Have an option to not sync messages from short codes, for 2-factor security

2-factor security for most sites depend on a SMS message sent to phone. In the case where a Google account linked to Mightytext is compromised, the attacker may get access to text messages as well. The fact that 2F verification codes are also synced poses a security loophole.

Would really appreciate the option to not sync 2F verification codes (generally sent from a short code number) through Mightytext, even for basic (non-pro) users. This is a fundamental security issue that should be addressed for the sake of users!

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
leixusam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • greg.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely this.

There are various times when you need to prevent certain contacts from syncing (I notice someone is asking for a blocklist for MMS pictures, too). All it needs to be is a list of contacts that you choose NOT to sync to MightyText (for SMS or MMS). This would solve privacy issues as well as security issues. Voted +3.

• IM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or simply have a "Don't sync from this number..." I think it should be at the user's option as I have 2 factor setup on my Mighty text-linked account, but I would sometimes like 2-factor texts in Mighty Text so I don't have to check my phone for them, so make a user-configurable blacklist.

Feedback and Knowledge Base