I suggest you ...

Androind app - battery drain

Hi,

I love migtytext, but I have been forced to uninstall it from my smartphone...
After I stopped using mightytext battery started to live much longer (from 10-12h to 16-20h). Please consider to extend settings, that user could choose what he want to sync (for me battery status is useless and other such feachures).
It will be much more convenient to have ability to set up frequency of refresh outgoing and incoming messages. Or even to turn of sending text from web (only reading incoming messages - in that situation app will connect with webserver only in case of new message).

Now I have to use all that stuff, and probably - my smartphone is connecting with web all the time - that's the reason of battery draining.

If now there is possibility in some way to do what I've meant - please give some feedback.

229 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
luk.baranowski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Craig Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting the same issue -- my phone used to last until bedtime. now its at 2% by early afternoon! is there anyway to stop the battery drain??

• lizottegaryandglenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been searching everywhere to figure out how to uninstall Mighty Text. I have Windows 8.1 and use Google chrome, I can't seem to find it in my control panel list of programs. It is set up and works so I know it's there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Tony Chau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using MightyText for the better part of a year on both my Nexus 4 smart phone and Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I loved using it but the battery drain on my Nexus 4 was getting too much. I couldn't get more than 18 hours with it (+10 hours the app was active) and sometimes less then 12 hours even on a full charge. I know that the Nexus 4 doesn't have a great battery life to begin with but this compounded it.

• stateofdesign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Razr Maxx HD running KitKat, and I can't make it through half a day with MightyText installed. A real shame. I love(d) this app, but I can't sacrifice sever battery drain. I've installed it and taken it off twice to confirm it was this app. Hopefully MightyText wil let us know if/when they fix this.

• Francois-Xavier Bonnet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love mightytext but I have the same problem: since I installed the application, my battery does not live an entire day. Can't you put a setting for the refresh frequency? I don't need my text messages to be sent and received immediately.

• RX124 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Had to uninstall the app. It kept my phone from going into deep sleep. Constant wlan_wake's according to Better Battery Stats. It was using 85+% of my network traffic too.
    My phone was losing 2%/hr with Mighty Text installed, but once installed, I lose almost .5%/hr.

The sync service definitely seems to be running at all times, and needs some tweaking in order to make it sleep better.

• Martin Drobny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, the same experince like others. I am using MightyText just only for 2days, and in first hours it looked like great application (before I was using BrowserTexting, but developing is going over soon). But last 2 days (so from starting of using the app) there is really noticable battery draining.. about 2 times faster than usual!! I would really prefer if I could set frequency of sync or additional related functions

• bjcryss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing here, it does not seem to pause the sync services(at all, or inefficiently) and the battery is drained a lot faster. As i use the texting feature, the sync should be used only when accessing the web interface, and having this option somewhere in the app should be a requirement for many users

• Martin Koss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. I've been trying to work out what is gobbling my battery lately and have had to uninstall MightyText. It's a great app and a great system but I think it's "always on" approach is an unnecessary burden on the phone. If the user is actually using MightyText via the MightyText website then that is when the phone needs to be communicating with MightyText but if the user is sat texting from their phone, the constant sending to MightyText is wasting battery - and data transfer.

• nicoborq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great and usefull app, but I can't let it drain my battery 30%

• rclaygreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - not only is it draining my phone, it is also killing my laptop batter as well...

• dominic.marceau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In deed, "Phone app" takes 40% of battery usage and only last 4-5 hours since I installed Mightytext... I love the app, but it's kind of useless if it kills the phone...

Feedback and Knowledge Base