I suggest you ...

Integrate with Google Hangouts

Google is pushing Hangouts as the hub for all messaging.

Sooner or later Hangouts may eat in into mightytext turf.

This is just a general thought without details at this moment.

406 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mjaniec shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds great! I really would like to recieve&send SMS/MMS messages in Google Hangouts also on my PC/tablet

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be great if this was fixed. I have to use another sms app on my phone now because the messages I send from the mighty text on my computer (gmail) does not show up in hangouts on my phone. This gets a bit confusing when scrolling through conversations in hangouts on my phone

• ayapejian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with all the comments here. I also use Hangouts as my primary SMS app and MightyText only shows received messages, no sent messages are every synced. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me :o( No word from the developer still?

• djysrv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why haven't you posted some definitive advice on Google Handouts. In case you missed it, Verizon has a big push on for its Motorola Droid line of devices upgrading them to Kit kat. As you know, Kit Kat moved the SMS function to Google Hangouts.

• Raman Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration with Hangouts seems to generally be working well on my S3, *except* that notifications on my phone are not cleared when the message is viewed from my Chrome Extension.

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Hangouts as my primary texting app (along with Missed It! for unread message counts).

When sending an MMS message from the MightyText web app, the MMS gets sent fine, but does not show up in Google Hangouts. I have to go to setting and "import SMS" in Hangouts for it to show up. I'm not sure if this is something MightyText has control over. SMS messages show up fine in Hangouts.

• courtney.wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My sent messages sync to both mightytext and hangouts but i am only getting my incoming messages on my phone now. Not sure what the deal is but would be great to be able to use both and they sync properly!

• gilbertgagnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes like others are saying, gogole hangout is becoming WAY POPULAR, and you guys have a big bug with SMS in hangout. It doesnt TWO WAY SYNC correctly back to Mighty web app. Everything we text from from doesnt show on web app, just test it and you will see.

Please fix this its a trouble on a daily basic for all who use SMS in hangout..

• jpchow26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes outgoing texts sent from hangouts on my n4 don't seem to sync properly to mightytext

• jacobcross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as Dave (December 20) - incoming texts thru Hangouts sync to MightyText normally but outgoing texts via Hangouts from my phone do not appear in MightyText

• bericp1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, if Hangouts starts letting me text from the chrome extension, MightyText is out...

• sacedric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, my Nexus 5 has never worked quite right the way my Galaxy Nexus used to. Txt's don't synch and I have not used mightytxt nearly as much as I used to on my tablet now. :-(

• david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, I have a Nexus 4 and moved to using Hangouts for SMS, now anything I send in hangouts on my phone no longer shows in the conversation history on mightytext. It would be nice to have this fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base