I suggest you ...

enter an option to 'Default to Individual Messages (or) Group Messages when sending texts to Multiple People'

Keep up the good work, mightytext! I would like the ability to default my group messages, (sms messages I send to multiple people) to be sent as individual text messages. I'm sure other users would appreciate that option as well as the option to default to 'Group' conversations, if desired. You guys rock!

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mdearlove210 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love this option. I get free texting, but my phone doesn't support group texting...

• chrisnewton62 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often send to multiple recipients, and due to the default group option, ended up paying for 50+ mms messages. Its a great idea, but it needs to either default to individual, or have an option in settings so each individual user can choose which it should default to.

Great product, keep up the good work.

• kbrightlti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the option to send group message but as individual conversations would be very helpful

• robmonster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. I dont want to use MMS for group messages as they are not included in my tariff, I always toggle to Individual.

• it.lan.admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this option. I have many friends that are rather uneducated about technology and they see other people's numbers that they don't recognize, I get a sms bomb from those people who don't know enough to text that individual and reply to all. It's very annoying to have my inbox fill up in a matter of a day because of this.

I love the option to do this but PLEASE let me turn it off or engage it where I deem appropriate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base