I suggest you ...

Option to Log Out

I log into a handful of different gmail accounts through out the day so whenever I get to the MightyText website, it commonly tells me I'm already logged into another account (which is never the one synced with my phone).

Rather than having to go out and 'clear browser history' or do 5 other work arounds, I think a simple LOG OUT option on the main page would be awesome!

337 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Terry Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the logout button on the website doesn't actually log you out (going back to the website automatically logs you back in) I'm not going to use mighty text. I deleted it off my phone.

• Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No log out button.... Really frustrating and embarrassing when you loan your computer out and your private text messages are coming up on the screen...

• Mustafah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been having little problems with MT for awhile now. Now that I've arrived here and read through the comments, I'm just going to call it quits after I sign out. Endlessjabber, you're up to bat.

• Raudhah RSA1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been for a year, and there is no action nor a single reply from Mightytext.
    I guess it is a small issue for them. Too bad. 1 year of ignorance.

• thatsjared87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Too bad there wasn't an option with a drop down of available accounts a la Gmail, Drive, and every other Google-authenticated service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree, I accidentally logged in with my work address, and took an age to log back in again properly. Why!?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There used to be a log out capability. Now, you,re stuck in the program. I have to turn off my phone whenever I let someone use my computer just so they don't see my texts pop up.

• eric.hanson.artwork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HELP!
    I hit the "Sign Out" button and it *appears* to sign me out. However, when I go back to the home page, it signs me back in automatically.
    This is on a publicly accessible computer—How do I log out for real???

• JL Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree 100% this is the single most frustrating part of this app. smh and no reply from the devs...

• bigblockregal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My wife logged out of my account on her laptop, yet she still gets notifications of MY text messages. How do we stop that??

• collinvine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found myself in this issue today and have to agree, it is quite an irritating thing. I just submitted 3 votes to this issue.

It doesn't happen often, but now that it has happened, I'm frustrated and wish for a solution.

• Terry Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't possibly agree more - please tell me there is something now available that addresses this issue.

• ackmiecik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here but, instead of logging out, how about an option to prevent the popup message (so that when I log in again I'm jiggy)....better yet, a separate session for MightyText that sticks with the Google account tied to my phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base