I suggest you ...

Allow disabling battery alerts for Chrome extension

The tablet app has an option to disable the low battery alerts, this should also be integrated into the Chrome extension.

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
gitman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Motions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can't be so hard to implement. These popups are VERY annoying and they stay open until I close them. Anyone know of any hacks for this?

• fredfluharty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This hadn't been a problem for me until the latest update, now I get a notification every 28 minutes, like clockwork, that my battery is full. REALLY annoying. Funny thing is, I have popup notifications turned off, so why am I even getting a popup notification about my battery?

• paelina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, please fix this. No reason I should get 3 notifications that my battery is fully charged within 5 minutes. Or any for that matter.

• obrian93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder if it's an issue with where the app is looking for SoC data. At least with the induction charger, the charge floats to below 95% with the OS covering the difference keeping the displayed charge at 100 (that's totally normal battery maintenance). Maybe MT is looking too deep for SoC info? That might result in my regular reports of 100% charging while the phone is on the cradle.

• challgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I get over 400 notifications a day from MightyText. Was gonna get pro but if this can't be solved its not worth it.

• georges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes!! please do this - its very, very annoying and entirely unneeded for me

• gonzonieto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the **** is taking the developers of Mightytext four months to implement this incredibly simple feature to fix what many of their users are reporting to be highly annoying? I'm very close to switching to another service

• greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree too! Battery alerts are not useful, and I don't see how to disable it :-(
    Thanks.

• guyanah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It's annoying, especially for someone like me that has a phone with poor battery life.

• paulpangrazzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Getting tedious to remove a dozen messages a day in Mac OS X due to the poorly implemented native notification center. :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base