I suggest you ...

Linux (debian) support for desktop app

The beta has been released for the desktop notifier app, which is great. Could you guys make a version of it that runs on linux systems? It shouldn't be that tough, I figure. I'm no dev, but you could use Libnotify to do this, no?

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
blair.antcliffe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have a feature that appeals directly to people who use their PCs a lot, but then you don't support Linux, which is the preferred operating system for such people. Please fix this as soon as possible.

• rubeast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat. Notifications stopped working for Chrome on Linux (Kubuntu).
    Still get the low battery notifications.

• sam.pyles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get notification on linux with chrome any more... Stopped not that long ago.. Funny thing is I still get battery low notifications. What gives?

• fcastillo.ec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rich notifications are out for linux but I don't think mightytext are using them, because I don't see any notifications anymore under chrome.

• matt.seabold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Libnotify should be easy, but once chrome rich notifications for chrome come out for Linux, that is likely the way to go

Feedback and Knowledge Base