I suggest you ...

Catch-up or re-sync messages from phone

Hello !
First, excellent app thank you very much for your work !

I think there is an issue here: whenever my phone is not connected to the Internet and I receive a text message, it does not appear in MightyText app (obviously).
The point is, when my phone finally catch internet (which is like 1 minute later) it does not sync up. If I ever receive another message or if I send one it will appear in the box but messages not synced will never be displayed (which lead to discussion with only me in the app, but on my phone I have the answers of my contact !).

I think we need an option to manually re-sync last texts msg (like, last 20 messages ?) or to be able to sync missing messages.
As it is right now, my mightytext app does not show all my messages but only those it managed to catch.

Thanks for your help !

689 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bernardin.ludovic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. I had this problem recently moving to a new phone - some texts did not sync, and some still haven't. I looked for an option to sync old messages and discovered it's a 'Pro' feature - that I don't agree with. Charge for themes or new features, don't disallow people from properly syncing up their conversations, which basically renders MightyText useless. I've been a long time user but I'm afraid if this isn't fixed I'll have to look for other options, because I won't be tied into a subscription just to ensure the app will do what it's supposed to - sync messages. Sorry.

• ltmollo59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mine just stopped working but I noticed it was when I got to 500 messages on each conversation

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This REALLY needs to be added. I have an older phone and it does not always sync properly. A re-sync to verify missing messages would be awesome!

• jcrespi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync 'old' messages is now a PRO feature? What's the deal with that? When did that happen?

If I get messages on the road, then log-in to Mighty Text web, all messages used to sync. Now they don't.

App is useless if this does't work the way it did.

Same problem here. A lots of messages are missing. Message sending works OK. Changing browser doesn't help. I think that i'll switch to another app that works correctly.

• bugwan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Mighty Text on laptop for work, which I take home each night. It sits in my bag until I need it, in the meantime, every SMS I receive on my phone never gets to the browser... I have literally hundreds of 'conversations' I need to delete from the MightyText interface (in the browser), because I get network-related SMS updates on hardware issues, which can sometimes come by the dozen from different numbers...

TL;DR The idea of a catch-up service, which trawls through the existing SMSs on the phone and syncs to the cloud would fix all my problems!

• dr.paul.rattray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to agree. My SMSs on the phone aren't re-syncing with the PC. Makes the app useless to me so I'm going to just delete it

• John Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

## Changing to mysms because some messages aren't synced

I'm changing from MightyText to mysms for the service

* syncing SMS from Android to Internet

because

* some messages that existed when the program was installed in Android were never synced to https://mightytext.net/web
    * a message received when Android is disconnected from Internet is never synced to https://mightytext.net/web
    * mysms don't have this problem

• John Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for me: my out of syn msgs on Windows and Android Tablet are so bad as to make the facility virtually unusable.
    I've also got messages that are incorrectly dated - e.g. an SMS on phone showing as sent on 18th December when viewed on Tablet or Windows.

• jeffreywilens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, in the past few days, I would send two messages from phone and get two replies but one of the four messages or replies would not be visible on the web app. A manual "resync" button should fix that.

• johnnof2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would enjoy this feature. I will get the first message in the string then I only see the replies that i send through the web interface. The refresh button does not have them show up either.

I am missing tons of messages on the desktop app that are in my phone. Some sync properly and show right away, some never do. Randomly, individual texts are just missing, causing me to miss important replies if my phone is not right next to me. I have a Droid 4 that can behave dodgy at times. A re-sync button would take care of it.

• vka.ajay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync problem
    I have android galaxy SIII
    I deleted few messages from mighty text through laptop
    but they still appear on my mobile.
    these should be synced and should have been deleted
    i am always connected either through wifi or via 3G
    I think the moment you delete any message it should be instantly synced

• steve25261 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add my request for a way to sync old message threads. I had to re-sync my phone after the latest update and now I can't get any of my message to appear on my desktop.

• mehmet.dagnilak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think both problems are already solved: I received a message while my phone was not connected, and it was synchronized about two hours later when finally I connected my phone. So that seems not to be an issue. And the web app has a sync button now.

• Jeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had this problem for several months now and I don't think it is limited to "not being connected to Internet." Many messages on the smartphone are missing from webapp. I uninstalled the app from phone and then reinstalled. Started up web page, some are there now but still many missing from past couple of weeks. Since my phone is usually in the house with me (and connected via wifi) I don't know that is the issue.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base