I suggest you ...

Sync Messages to New Phone

Some people change phone rather frequently every 6 months or so... It would be awesome if the messages sent and received from my old phone would be download to my new phone when i install and log into my Mightytext account.

404 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
thedaughterofgrace shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • almiroricci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this not possible? mysms does this, I assumed mighttext did too. Ugh! Now I wish I didn't purchase the premium plan.

• Heidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also interested in syncing my messages from my old phone to my new one via mightytext.
    Please, please make this function available!
    Thanks!

• TerryB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about being able to download conversations as an xml file? That would be absolutely fine too.

• TerryB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be the feature that would make me pay for the PRO version.

SMS Backup+ and the other SMS backup apps are great if you backed up your messages before you lost them. The point of this requested feature is that you have your messages on the web/in your browser and want to put them back on your phone.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea how to restore sms from pc to phone by mighytext? :)

• motoames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly recommend the free app from the Google Play Store "Backup to Gmail". this app will create folders in your Gmail email for MMS, SMS, and your Call Logs, and then automatically sync each of these to your Gmail. You can import your SMS, MMS, and even your call logs into any new Android device directly from your Gmail. Using this app in parallel with the amazing Mighty Text app gives me the confidence to delete text/photo strings from my Android device, because I know they are backed in my Gmail. And - when I want to find something in particular, from any device (tablet, phone, desktop) I just go to my Gmail and search for it, i.e. "SMS John Stevens", or "MMS John Stevens" etc. I can also open the relative folder in my Gmail and scan through for specific messages. These are stored in "conversations" by default, but can be changed to individual messages based on date/time. Again, having both these apps on your device is amazing.

• jeffbolognese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A back-up feature would be a huge help. I just lost my phone, and it would have SOOOOO nice to be able to simply restore all these messages to my phone.

• zulqarcheema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want this, do as I do and use SMS Backup +, it saves the text messages (and call logs) to the calendar and emails and allows a backup and restore option, works with Mighty Text.
    handy as a business as all calls and texts are logged

• george.hahn.vhs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't. Mightytext only saves messages for 1-180 days and that's how it should be. Focus on great real time services; backup presents a totally separate set of requirements and should be handled by another app.

It's not like there's a lack of them...

• autumn.twylight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way I look at the app is that it already syncs, but there is no way to restore the messages from pc to phone.
    A full backup and restore feature would save my life when I occasionally have to factory reset by phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base