I suggest you ...

force-refresh contact pictures

When changing a contacts picture on my phone / tablet / in google contacts, it does not update in mightytext, neither on the web- nor the tablet-app.
It would be nice to be able to re-sync single/multiple/all contact images, either from the web or tablet app!

851 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kimluebbe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue - updated or deleted contact pics still show on Mighty Text. at least provide a force refresh if you can't do it automatically.

• bjack13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature. It is awkward when one of the pictures is your friend and his ex girlfriend.

• lgiacoppo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Mighty Text support even read these? No, because its been an issue for months and months

• davidclark87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I installed MightyText none of my contacts had pictures on my phone. Now they all do, but MightyText won't update. Not sure if there is a workaround.

• sbc5800 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FML please fix this ASAP ill happily pay for mighty text too BTW same as whatsapp at < $1 a year would be fit !

• happygoing63 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, updated photos of contact and now nothing shows up. It will be nice! Less likely to make mistakes in sending the text to the wrong person if I can see the picture using power view.

• dereklau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvoted this issue with 3 votes. If I could, I'd devote all my votes to this one!

• daniel.wale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, I emailed them and got a few responses that pointed out how it "should" work (which I already knew), I responded that it wasn't working how they had just described and got no further responses even when I followed it up with more information. Disappointing that one of the main features is now broken and they don't seem to acknowledge it.

It's any new contact that has had a photo added that doesn't show up, any changes to existing contacts photos don't flow through either. Contacts that had a photo before this broke are stuck with that same contact image.

• nebisu521 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only some of my contacts included the picture when I first set up Mighty Text. It's stuck now - new contact pictures don't sync to Mighty Text but original pictures still shows.

• randy.ladds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just searched for this very issue and found this thread. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base