I suggest you ...

force-refresh contact pictures

When changing a contacts picture on my phone / tablet / in google contacts, it does not update in mightytext, neither on the web- nor the tablet-app.
It would be nice to be able to re-sync single/multiple/all contact images, either from the web or tablet app!

854 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kimluebbekimluebbe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  infoAdmininfo (Admin, MightyText) responded  · 

You can now force refresh a contact picture in the MightyText Web App on your computer by clicking the double-arrow icon next to the contact photo at the top of the thread list.

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JackyJacky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hurray they fixed it by putting the refresh button beside each contact photos woooooo

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is shocking to read that this issue is already reported so long ago end never solved. i will uninstall, i do not want to use an app that has no support.

• sheldon.purkisssheldon.purkiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didn't reinstall, but did get a new phone; pulled in same old (out dated) contact photos... can't figure out a way to force it to update to current ones. A force refresh of contact pictures would be great!

• ilslegal72ilslegal72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this is a major annoyance for an otherwise wonderful app. Does anyone know of a workaround, eg deleting the app's database file? Uninstalling/reinstalling the Chrome Extension doesn't make any difference, nor does manually clearing the cache. Any ideas???

• dweeks56dweeks56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is coming on a year since this was first suggested and by reading many other posts it is a must have feature, which I agree. What does it take to get this feature implemented?

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. I have no photos in my web app, but it would make it a lot easier.

• DuckJones28DuckJones28 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've gotten plenty of popup notifications in the web app that says it's syncing my contact photos, but it obviously doesn't work right because once it has any pic, it never re-syncs. Even marking a contact photo in my phone as the default doesn't cause it to change.

• mr speedymr speedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was just about to send them an email about this. I can see now it's a problem and we don't know if it is important for them to fix.

• cartracksptyltdcartracksptyltd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If MightyText aren't going to fix this, even when people have offered to pay, is there a similar app that works similarly and does this?

• Kevin SebeskyKevin Sebesky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 on this issue. It's been this way since the start. I'd always assumed it was some address book cross-over issue and I was too lazy to search which address book(s) had my old contact images.

I can see that's not the case since so many are having the same problem I'm having. I'm just glad I'm not Carlos Danger. Can this be fixed, MightyText?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base