I suggest you ...

Low-Battery Alert

I think the feature is great, but might be kind of annoying, I think it could benefit from allowing the user to parametrize;

1. Ability to turn on/off completely.

2. The threshold to be considered "low".

3. Avoid reporting alerts when the level is below the threshold BUT has been plugged already.

1,123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gonzalo.martinez.uygonzalo.martinez.uy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gunslingerfrygunslingerfry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For everyone having difficulty finding this setting, this is an extension setting not a MightyText setting. Right click on the MightyText button and click Options or in the "Extensions" page click the Options link to the right of "Allow in Incognito."

• ehartwellehartwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> Feb 1: We will enable a setting for battery alerts in the MightyText Chrome Extension very soon. Likely in the next 2-3 days.

It's mid-February already. How about just disabling the battery notifications completely until you figure out how to make it optional? The people who miss the harassment can start their own thread if they want.

PLEASE!!!

I'm an Android application developer and I have to keep my phone plugged in while debugging. I know the battery is fully charged. It has been all day. It's going to stay that way as long as it's plugged in. I really really really don't need constant reminders.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks like i found a recent issue. i was glad to see recent date instead of an old thread. I'm having the same issue, I want to turn off the battery alert notifications, or limit the number of them, maybe per time period, like no more than 1 battery notification per hour, etc. Or I may want to turn off notifications all together. it's mildly helpful to know, but i'm getting wayy too many notifications

• Keonia Christine JenkinsKeonia Christine Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping this had been resolved. I suppose that it's nice as an optional feature, just like the message notifications. However, I'm fine with opening the app to view my battery level if I feel so inclined to find out.
        This is a great app but the pop-up is annoying and downright inconvenient in terms of placement for my setup.

• mpnielandmpnieland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" is so annoying I actually consider not using MightyText anymore because I can't turn it off.

• Simon PhippsSimon Phipps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the alerts used the Chrome notification system properly they could be grouped and dismissed. Whatever else happens, please make this change...

• Brad DunsheeBrad Dunshee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please disable battery alerts altogether. Incredibly annoying. I don't enjoy playing digital whack-a-mole while working...

• Robert PaulsonRobert Paulson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so effing annoyhing. Fix it already? Excellent app, but it has a couple flaws (like this) that leads me to think the company is very short staffed or doesn't bother reading these comments from their user base.

Guys, start charging $1-2 for this app and hire some devs to get these things done!

• saschasascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. I would extend this idea to include all of the notifications that can be displayed, a simple on/off for each would do.

• SynikalSynikal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love an option to disable this feature.... Would really suck if I had to disable notifications because thats one of the main reasons I use this app. If I did that, this extensions only use would be to be able to text from my computer.

• acjohnson72acjohnson72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just started this week (Jan 20, 2014) for me and I have to agree with everyone here... tell me once that the battery is low and I'm good. Tell me every 5 mins that my battery is fully charged, it gets very annoying very fast.

• wbwb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good job devs, way to **** off your user base. Give us control over the battery alerts!

• T-BonerT-Boner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you don't give me an option to turn off battery notifications (especially full battery), then I'll be forced to uninstall this app, which sucks, because I really like it otherwise. You're ruining this with an annoying stupid feature.

I thought it was just a bug, but it looks like the "fully charged" notification is a feature instead. I really don't care, even the first time. For goodness' sake let us turn that one off completely!
        Low battery notification can be useful, ONCE.

• Warren StowWarren Stow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is too annoying, I've turned off notifications all together now. I don't need to be told my phone is 100% charged every 20 minutes.

• Blair CollinsBlair Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The notification was fine in my opinion when it was for low battery but now I get it every 20 minutes or so saying that my phone is charged. Arggh... Can't turn it off.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base