I suggest you ...

Auto-close popup notification if read on phone or MightyText

The text notification popup should have an option to auto close if the text has been read in MightyText or on the phone.

Currently, the time outs to close are purely time-based.

463 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
chris.toryory shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's finally some hope for this, but as currently designed, it's basically backwards. The designer seems to have taken this and turned it into our wanting to see all our phone notifications on the PC. I'm willing to bet that most people voting for this don't want that. We simply want the SMS notifications on our phones to go away (as they would on the phone) if we see, read or respond to an SMS notification from that person in the PC client.

What's provided now is, for me, more distracting than before. Now I have to essentially dismiss notifications with every single text message manually.

• hecklingfext commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing when I get to work in the morning. I have to either click to close a popup for every message I received the night before or close Chrome altogether to 'clear' them. This has more than once caused me to consider uninstalling it, but it's so **** useful!

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When i wake my macbook from sleep, it usually have an overload of popups including "connection error" and a bunch of missed calls and such. You have to x out like 10 in a row and makes the service not worth using with popups. can i not get popups delayed like that or ever for "connection error"? Thanks! Otherwise LOVE mighty txt and tell everyone about it

• luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that syncing whether the message was read on the phone or computer would be very helpful. If I read a text on my phone, then remove the popup on chrome. If I read or respond to a text on chrome, mark it as read on my phone. This would help a lot and save time on checking twice.

• lyssag21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do i get the pop up option to work on my computer? i have it set up but it isnt even working.

• nao.nozawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get popups that don't close unless I click the X when I wake my computer up from being asleep. Popups should only appear in real time, rather than showing me popups from when the computer was asleep.

• terry.leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would rather not see the text popup. It really interferes with don't other things on my phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base