I suggest you ...

MightyText Blacklist

I want to block a particular number from coming through mightytext. No syncing, nada. mightytext completely ignores that phone number. It's my bank and having the texts show up on mightytext kind of negates some of the wanted security measures I'm trying to achieve.

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
originaldawg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alcatravis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, just found this is a HUGE issue for my security too. All my banking confirmations come to my phone which is great, but I don't want them displayed on my screen while internet banking!

• pabloheitmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I blocked a number of someone I don't care to correspond with in Handcent, but it still shows up in MightyText. And i get all the lame verizon 'you have a voice mail' texts which i don't need to see either because i have Visual voice mail on my phone. thx in advance.

• jasond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Two Factor authentication FINALLY being implemented for a number of online services like Facebook, Google and others MIghtyText needs to be able to block these messages from coming in. Otherwise they device just hands the thief/snooper your password.

For now MightyText is being removed from my laptop until this essential feature is installed. Make it a paid for feature if you want but please add it.

• lfanoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this addressed. It's $4.99/mo for me to block a number through my carrier, which is ludicrous. I downloaded an SMS blocking app that does it for free, but the texts are coming through MightyText. so, what's the point? This is a safety and personal security issue.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. DeskSMS, although a great app, is inferior to MightyText, but it did have blacklisting capability. This is very important to me.

I don't want to receive carrier notices, for example, on MightyText, only on my phone. I subscribe to Visual Voicemail and apparently the service sends SMS to notify my phone of incoming messages. The phone processes them properly, but they appear as text messages in MightyText too.

• reid.canavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For myself I get text messages advising of missed calls, voicemail, etc from my cell phone provider. It would be ideal to not get these via mighty text as I am constantly deleting them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base