I suggest you ...

Sync Read Receipts

Have phone app mark text message as read if read on web app. I want the notification light on the phone to stop blinking. After using mightytext for an hour or two, I have to go into my phone and read every message I already read on the webapp to get my phone's light to stop blinking.

483 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 I was just about to ask the question on how to get it to mark notifications as read on the phone. Guess you cannot presently. :-)

• krhurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would second this. By the end of a busy work day (I use texts to communicate with my team) I have 50+ "unread" texts which I then have to go through individually.

• robin.labadie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same idea for a while. +3, definately, it's boring to remove notifications and reopen messages to make everything read.
    I don't know if it could work with third party SMS apps btw.

• susaneri72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea - it is a hassle to have to go into my text messages on my phone and clear out the notifications after I've already used MightyText to do all my texting. Please consider this suggestion! I love this app, but this would make using both the phone and computer much easier. Thanks!

• natsirtt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a good idea ; I used MightyText for only a couple of hour today, for the first time, and it already was annoying to mark all texts I already read on the webapp as read on the phone, so I think it'll bother me to doithis everyday after using MT all day long on my computer !

• Nate Borup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should go along with google's most recent service update of notification sync. Should be generally pretty easy to implement

Feedback and Knowledge Base