I suggest you ...

Message Search

Thank you very much for your efforts in developing this excellent application. I have an idea: It would be great to have an option to search for messages either by contact, message body, dates etc.

thanks

2,301 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    angelcamilobangelcamilob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • helphelp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search is very important, it is the only thing stopping me from purchasing the PRO version.

• teach1stteach1st commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased pro to support your great product. With the unlimited text storage that comes with pro, search is essential. I use text to communicate with the parents of my students (many younger parents don't use/like email), and having the texts backed up is great documentation for me as long as I can quickly find the stored texts I need when I need them.

• vigiledvigiled commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone from MightyText check these forums? It would be nice to at least have an acknowledgement that these suggestions aren't for nothing. (It would be even nicer if they actually restored this ESSENTIAL feature, ie SEARCH.)

• soerenadksoerenadk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT IS possible, it was available in the old version. they removed it in the new version for some reasons.
        a huge mistake really. its sooooo needed

• darin.ragozzinedarin.ragozzine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely implement a message search. This is obviously valuable.

For all those interested in message search. I'm not sure if this is possible, but there is a quick hack that kinda works if you know which contact you want to search. Pull them up in Classic View and hit "load more messages" as far back as you think you need to go. Then you can just use the regular "Find" inside your browser to search. Good luck!

• kevinfreelskevinfreels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a search function. This would save me a great deal of time in those conversations with my kids that go like this: "I texted you and told you to be home at 11." "No you didn't". "Yes I did".........

• marylynn.deagonmarylynn.deagon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this function was ever removed, but it needs to make a grand re-entry ASAP. It is so important to me that I would consider not using MightyText anymore if it didn't come back.

• kennlelandkennleland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add search. I have it in email and it is very valuable. Especially I can see only fairly recent messages. The message I want may be older that that.

• complete0333complete0333 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please add a text search I use this in my business to keep in contact with customers. Often need to search a text. It is odd that I use gmail and have this in my gmail but can not search a text.

• hamowennzhamowennz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought it was in an older version and didn't use it often - but it is really handy on a day like today when I need to remember a time that something was sent/received!! Got a mighty 3 votes from me

• jh5637jh5637 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I give this suggestion 2 votes! A search function for both contacts and message threads would be greatly welcomed!

• susaneri72susaneri72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be incredibly helpful to be able to search for messages in case I forget to mark them as favorites

• christopherbushwickchristopherbushwick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree. At first with the new version at least there was a way I could use the old version just to search for thing and switch back. I no longer know how to do this but desperately need the ability to search messages again.

Feedback and Knowledge Base