I suggest you ...

Export Message Thread

I'm wondering if there's a way or option that could be implemented to export all messages in an xml format and be used in titanium backup to get messages back.

Almost use mightytext as a safe net for a constant backup.

OR just create a messaging app using your already established web app...so that messages are always brought in through the cloud.

539 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mleviege shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • markgoodson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually you can do this using Evernote. I just tried it and it worked really well. If you just select the message thread by clicking to the left of the first sms in the message window and holding as you drag down through the window/thread (it scrolls nicely). Then use the Evernote web clipper to "Save selection". I can see myself using this particularly for business messages where you might want to save a thread to a CRM system or into Evernote for future reference.

• Bilal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Can i backup my all contacts on my cell phone through mighty sms. actually i wiped out my all contacts from cell phone mistakenly. Please help me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In for 3 votes. Need this as I'm logging all conversations with my ex wife and can be used in a court for character references.

• @SchwartzTX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XML or HTML or hell even a PDF - give us a way to "batch" download!

Something like this:
    1. Select conversation and user sees "download" icon next to other icons at top
    2. Clicking download button opens modal window and user selects preferred export file format (radio buttons, cancel and confirm buttons)
    3. Clicking confirm runs a process and that conversation's entire history is created in the preferred file format and the download starts automatically when the the file is complete

NOTE: The natural next step would be a way to select multiple conversations or all conversations and being able to download a ZIP file filled with individual conversation histories.

• heatherbergeron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic option, especially for when you lose a loved one (as I did this year) and would like to keep their text message conversations across devices changes

• laurie.frederick69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too was installing this app thinking it would allow me to save threads of older messages. Is this not available at all?

• rlwalker2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup - export to text file should be one option and
    import text file to MightyText contact or contact and message thread should be another ... along with a sync followup so the phone and laptop / pc are together at that point.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mightytext on laptop losses sync with phone and skips sending out messages. They just sit on the laptop and won't send. But some later messages do go out (sometimes) I am surprised that a Google recommended app would work so inconsistently.

• ladsteele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only 7 votes left! A workaround is using SnagIt or simply copying and pasting the message thread.

• kellyjonesshiver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely there are more than 14 people really interested in this topic! How many votes does it take to get the ball rolling on this? I NEED to be able to export and save all of my text messages. I have them locked on my phone but I need to get them in another location as backup.

• theblondemoment commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! I would love to know if there is a way to save a text thread to my computer!!! It would be great to be able to do that!!

• ARTHUR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how does one save a text message on the computer if the notice just comes in from the phone.In fact the message disappears with 20 seconds.

• dparise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! I just wiped my phone and now the only place that has my messages is mighty text. I want to get them back on my phone!.

• Diane Bouche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also interested in being able to export my message threads to save in specific files on my computer. How can I do this?

• elisetimpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm installing various apps trying to find what I need. As a Realtor, I need to include a "conversation log" with my file at the end of a sale. I need some way to get all the texts from certain threads into a file that I can submit and save with other documents from the transaction.

This is a cool app but am I correct in assuming that it won't do what I need?
    If it can save a thread as anything I can make legible (txt, pdf, etc), please let me know how.

• thomas.harold.campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That "other" service keeps messages forever. I really like that and would like an option like that. At least the SMS ones. If the MMS gets deleted then so be it.

I'd pay for this option

• sgambo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, I deleted some sms from my phone by mistake they are just on MightyText so I'd like to export them on an xml to keep saved.

Please

• eslachance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm adding 3 votes to this one. I know MightyText has access to a lot more than even my own SMS app can see (I dunno if it's a bug) and one SMS backup software I tried only got some of the messages (actually, not even a week's worth). I'd like to have a complete and uninterrupted log of the 1400 messages I exchanged with someone and MightyText seems like the perfect source :P

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base