I suggest you ...

Add sound to notifications

A lot of the time, I have my phone on silent and use my computer with headphones. Sometimes I'm so focused on what I'm doing (or I'm lying back listening to music with the headphones) that sound effects for when messages come in would be helpful. Bonus points if they're configurable by type (SMS, call, etc.) Super bonus points if they're configurable by contact.

482 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    original.mikzoriginal.mikz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeviousLeeDeviousLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed this today and it wonderful....except i don't know when a message comes in because I don't see the pop up's and there is no sound. I also have to keep my phone on silent at work. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOUND!

• teammm3teammm3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used Mightytext for a long time now but never felt it necessary to upgrade to pro. Adding this feature in, whether it was pro or not, would make me spend the few dollars to upgrade and support the company. Only feature I feel like Mightytext is missing

• rienspyrienspy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When this option would be enabled in MightyText, pro version or not, I would definitely buy MightyText Pro! I'm a gamer and I often don't get the popup-notification because there's an application running full-screen, sound notifications would solve this issue for me.

• dunngatordunngator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the features I miss from BrowserTexting. You can even add it as a feature under the MightyText Pro umbrella...which I already pay for, but might get others to pay for as well.

• rienspyrienspy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that definitely needs to be added! I would even pay for it!

• uzibahuzibah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be such a great feature and make this program 100% awesome!

• homobileshomobiles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please make this happen! We use Mighty nearly 24/7 and have to stare at computer screen to know when a text comes in, even using the pop up notification is not really enough. A sound notification would be a godsend!!

• jbosarijbosari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump! I really want a little bell to ring when a new text comes through. I putter around the office sometimes.

• tammymitchell01tammymitchell01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WORK IN A BUILDING THAT MY PHONE DOESN'T GET SERVICE IN SO I LEAVE MY PHONE OUTSIDE IN MY CAR. WHEN I GET A TEXT I CAN'T HERE IT BECAUSE I'M NOT NEAR MY PHONE. SO IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THE COMPUTER HAD A NOTIFICATION.

• doxhectordoxhector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, I'm not always looking at my computer in my office. If I'm going to use this app to text without actually using my phone, I need the browser to make a sound notification as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base