or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mcmarcelo00 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • joeobrown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be nice (if possible, that is), i have an app that buzzes every 30 seconds so that i don't miss a message, so it'd be great if i could stop it buzzing when i've read it with mightytext

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the commenters saying this isn't possible are correct, could you provide an option for rooted users to do this? Or a plug in for Tasker?

• genellepug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until the most recent update this definitly was status quo after reading a text on the PC... PLEASE bring it back!!!

• WORMSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you asking that question, when the real question you should be asking is "When will Google allow a 3rd party app to flag a message as 'Read' ". If Google does not allow you to do it, then it does not allow you to do it. Go to the Google Forum and ask THEM to allow it.

• mrbrettsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE. Very annoying to go back into the phone messaging app to clear messages I've already read. It takes away from the convenience of texting from your PC...

• jonlucas1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to happen on MightyText, or did I dream it? Before all the new fancy interface if you clicked on the pop up notification it would take you to the message and it would be marked read on your phone. I didn't dream it..... did I?????

• 1profango commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@wormss
        Really... I also heard it was almost impossible to send text from your computer LOLLMAO SMH

• DK10016 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's possible. For example, "SMS Popup". It pops up a window like an iPhone would when you receive a text (for people on older versions of Android or not using a custom ROM), and when you close the window it marks your message as "read".

You can find the app in the Google Play store.

• koolbadman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is a way you can make them hide on the phone, or something they done it with other applications.

• WORMSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have heard this is almost impossible due to the fact that the SMS app is a separate app and MightyText cannot change things inside the other app.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base