or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mcmarcelo00 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • garciam25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, you think you have it bad that your LED notification light blinks after you've read / replied to the text on MightText? Yeah, try having repeating notifications, something I need on my phone in case I miss hearing or feeling the phone beep or vibrate me when a text comes in! So even after carrying on a conversation, my phone keeps notifying me of a text I need to check every 2 minutes, even when it's sitting right in front of my while I'm typing away on MightyText.....

• robmonster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you use Handcent SMS it has an option to Mark All Read. I use this to quikly clear down the notification.

• andrea.willems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any new update to this - this would be a feature I would really like. The program I am currently using does have that feature...MightyText, help us out with an update please.

• rubeast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really would love this feature! Now I always get anoyed by the blinking LED of my phone dispite already having read the message.

• dhutter15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really the only thing that I dislike about MightyText and I will often use my phone to send a text (even when on my computer) because I know I'm gonna have to go to it anyways to tap on the message and mark it as read. It's quite ridiculous! It takes away from the whole idea of being able to functionally text from a computer (I'm not sure how it works on tablets but I'm assuming the same issue).

There have been other suggestions for this function in the past and you guys @ MightyText said that you were working on it. Any updates?

• aperotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this option also!!!! The app Airdroid was able to do this, so MightyText should be able to also.

• kd6ftr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have. It's a bummer to keep getting notified on phone for messages already read on Mighty Text.

Great app! Keep up the good work.

• sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is MASTER feature to be implemented ASAP! I'm reading and sending via web, but my Galaxy S3 is still blinking and forcing me to check messages :(

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

What's strange is that on my old Evo that ran 2.3 I believe, the text would be removed from the info bar at the top of the phone and the notification light would turn off but now I'm on a Nexus 4 running 4.3 and the text stays at the top and my notification light continues to pulse even after reading and responding from mightytext.

But yeah otherwise I love this app!

• whodah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I'd like to kindly request this be added as well. This is the one feature that leads me to 'the other guys'. It is certainly possible as DeskSMS does this. (Click on a message, it gets marked as read on the Android phone.)

Here is how my setup behaves:
        I'm running Handsent SMS with popups enabled and reminders set to "every 5 minutes". A new text comes in, the phone dutifully alerts me. The reminder beep goes off every 5 minutes via Handsent SMS until I've read the message. The text pops up on my phone via Handsent SMS as well. Once I view the message on the computer via DeskSMS, the message is marked as read and no more reminder beeps from Handsent SMS. DeskSMS doesn't clear the popups though, I still have to scroll through a bunch of popups. (I wouldn't expect DeskSMS nor MightyText to be able to fix that, just sharing how it plays out on my phone. Seems more like a Handsent SMS thing there.)

This is all on a non-rooted device.

Thanks!

• Ulf Lonegren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! This is my number one gripe with using MightyText. Sometimes I choose to use my phone when I'm at the computer (even though typing on the keyboard is way easier) just because I don't want to have to deal with a massive build up of 'unread' messages. Especially bad when using Handcent SMS (like I do) because the popup notifications build up and I have to scroll through every one for them to be recognized as being 'read'. The worst!

PS - Love your app otherwise. Thanks!

• bryanalysis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to your short-term development plan. This would take the usefulness of the app from an 8 to a 10, and make the functionality consistent with Gmail and most other popular communication tools.

• oates09 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Joeobrown! If I am sitting at my labtop with web MightyText open, and sending/receiving text from it, IT would be AWESOME if these messages didn't still show as new and unread on my android phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base