I suggest you ...

iPad App to send/receive SMS

I would love an app to use on my ipad or ipod touch. My phone stays in my desk at work and I always carry my iPad. The web app is great for this, but I would love and actual app with notifications so that I don't need a tab in safari.

165 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Denis CookDenis Cook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KyleKyle shared a merged idea: Finally get a proper working iPad app!  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tobytoby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a long awaited and much needed feature. Should be a [very] simple job to add push notifications for ios / iPad. The rest of the app can be a wrapper for the web app. If the team would just stop wasting time on pointless features and bloat like photo syncing then they might actually have time to finish off the TEXTing features. The product is called mightyTEXT after all, not mightySync-all-random-info-from-your-phone-even-though-nobody-really-wants-this-and-there-are-already-loads-of-apps-that-do-this-for-free-and-you-probably-have-at-least-3-of-them-on-your-phone-already.

• hausjamhausjam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1000. There are many of us who prefer Android phones, but iOS tablets.

• tobytoby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this - just push notifications for iPad would be fine, it can just be a wrapper to the web-app for replying.

• kwlybrandkwlybrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be terrific. I'm currently using an app called aMessage to get texts on my iPad but the interface sucks and it's much slower than MightyText. It is definitely possible for MightyText to sync the messages to iPad, so I wish they'd go ahead and make the native iPad app (which has been "coming soon" for a lot longer than soon implies), rather than develop features such as the low battery notification that I can't disable, and syncing pictures and video when I already have a service that does that.

• ChadChad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is a great idea, I know I read apple doesn't let apps access sms but at doesn't mean the app can't work for an iPad/android phone relationship! If the app is getting all the information from the phone it wouldn't matter that it can't access the messages on the iPad.

Feedback and Knowledge Base