Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
davidcooke07 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Admininfo (Customer Success Manager, MightyText) responded  · 

MightyText will now delete messages on your phone when you delete from the web app or tablet app.

• You will need to turn this setting on under settings in the web app. *

Please note: this will only delete sync when you delete individual messages (not when deleting a whole thread).

We will add thread-delete syncing soon.

thanks

71 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this as an available option to set but not be the default.

• zoranmom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that should be the norm and thought it was an error when it didn't happen.

• natsirtt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a really great option. I was myself thinking it was actually doing it when I deleted some conversations on MightyText web app, but looks like it doesn't.
    I understand that some people would not like this so it should be an option, but really this option should be implemented.

• matt.seabold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like this deserves a response at this point.

I'm willing to bet the MT people never and look at any of this.

A simple google search reveals about 20 code samples of how to do this in a few lines. Simply send a command back over the socket, and BOOM. Problem solved.

• johnjosephri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please delete messages from this app when I delete from phone. Its one **** of a hassle that that's not automatic. Please fix or I will uninstall. I can't beleive this wasn't a given. Thats a HUGE oversight.

• steven.grasso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been searching all over to figure out how to do this. I assumed all message were synced. Being able to synch messages with a check-box or not to sync seems like a no brainer option. Both sides of the fence are happy. I hate having to delete everything twice.

• kengeorge99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only issue I have with Mighty Text BUT is is a big issue (not the newpaper) Having to remove messages from laptop and doing the same on my phone is driving me nuts

• talktomeguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with Martin 050913 3K votes seems like it might warrant a response of Any kind... Yes?

Feedback and Knowledge Base