or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    davidcooke07davidcooke07 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  infoAdmininfo (Admin, MightyText) responded  · 

MightyText will now delete messages on your phone when you delete from the web app or tablet app.

• You will need to turn this setting on under settings in the web app. *

Please note: this will only delete sync when you delete individual messages (not when deleting a whole thread).

We will add thread-delete syncing soon.

thanks

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Austin DuffieldAustin Duffield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To confirm, it does not seem to delete threads as at Oct 14 on my Sony SP (4.1). Still a great app though!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of the end of August, 2014 deleting texts from the web app does not delete them from my phone.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed MightyText, and tried this delete function (I removed one quite recent text in a thread). The text did also get removed from my phone, but now MightyText is showing the oldest message from that thread as being new, with a timestamp of exactly when I removed a text. Is this a known bug?

• KK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have tried this multiple times, but the messages on my phone are not getting deleted, I have tried deleting individual messages and whole thread as well.

• hdvidohdvido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The delete function is NOT available on the tablet version, unlike the PC version.

• Mike AndreMike Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This program is outstanding. However I see the inability not to have the option availability to delete threads the only shortcoming.

• alton.jxalton.jx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How soon is soon? I really like this app; however, not being able to delete messages from my phone using the app makes it a little inconvenient. The only time I'm using the app now is to type really long messages like when explaining something to people.

I'd love to not be able to pick up my phone for any text messages as long as I'm signed into the web app.

• barbmeinemabarbmeinema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone mention that it should be "off" by default. I would prefer the default be "ask each time"

• barbmeinemabarbmeinema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO - I would like to keep Mighty Text "Clean" for photos of people, etc. I do not want to erase from my phone pictures of items I want to buy, or remember what brand of something I buy, but I also don't need them in mighty text. Could this be an option each time you delete something. If so, then I would be OK with it.

Am I to assume, then, that at this time, if I delete an item that has synched to mighty text, synching does not go both ways and the items DO remain on my phone. I sure hope so!

Thanks!

• 1buggie571buggie57 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely it should be an option. I agree with the previous comment by anonymous!! Why delete twice? i love the app otherwise!!!

• elise38elise38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TOTALLY AGREE...IT SHOULD BE AN OPTION. MAY AS WELL KEEP PHONE MSG APP ALREADY INSTALLED IF I HAVE TO DELETE TWICE.

• Adv. Kunal TandonAdv. Kunal Tandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its very confusing as when we delete an sms from Mighty text, it still stays in the Phone.
        Pls provide an option to delete the sms from both pc & android device at the same time, whether its deleted from the phone or mightytext

• Michael DirkMichael Dirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

app development 101... never make everyone, using the app, have to do something the same way. Just doesn't work. Always make it an option, when possible, that everyone can chose for themselves.

I personally like to manage my phone texts separately AND differently from the texts on my MightyText.

• maryloufumaryloufu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes for sure. AND when I read a text on Mightytext, is there some way for those texts to look like they've already been read on my phone? It's a drag to have to clear the new text messages off of my phone, when I've already read them on mighty text.

• mhbarnes74mhbarnes74 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer. Please add this as an optional setting. Probably should be turned off by default. Also, if this feature is added, it should prompt users for their choice upon upgrade or new installation, to turn it on or leave it off.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base