I suggest you ...

Group messaging

If you could link your groups from your google account or create new groups and send a mass text?

631 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
dsnharper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outbound group messaging is working. But group replies is not going into the group, but rather for each individual. Is this being addressed?

• gidgiddonihah13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar problem as gjlowe. When sending a message to a new group the web app creates the thread but doesn't register I sent anything - it reads "No Messages" and my phone doesn't do anything even though the message count on the recipient pane in the web app says there is one message. When sending from that same, 'blank' thread the web app sits, waiting for my phone to send the message with the clock icon with my phone, again, doing nothing. I own a Galaxy SII running AOKP 4.2.2 and my web app is running on Chrome on my Windows 7 XPS L502x laptop (i7 model). I really loved that you guys added this feature and am bummed that it didn't work....

• gjlowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it is great that this was added, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I tried replying to a group message and it stuck from the web app. Single SMS still works fine, and receiving them works fine.

• millward137 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group texting please! Especially when receiving group texts, right now I get a million notifications and mightytext gets all confused on who is sending what text... Thanks!!

• kp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed the application and really like it. A lot. Now I have to uninstall it. I have to be able to group message. Maybe I'll check back in a year to see if you added it. If I remember....

• owner.smileyfaces commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a childcare center in Wellington New Zealand. We have just had a 6.2 earthquake and I would love to be able to text parents that all is OK. Can on my phone, but not via Mightytext. Really need this feature as a backup to mobile. If a really big quake hit I might not be able to get to my phone if I don't have it on me at the time - but at some point would find a working computer/laptop somewhere. This is the most glaring gap in your service.

• s14oto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Mightytext” is only mighty by name and not feature. Please bring back group texting and make it truly mighty. Till then this app is only a “text”ing service and a chore to use when you have to choose your text recipients one by one. So for the time being Mightytext app is sitting in a corner of my phone’s memory gathering dust.

• copprtop97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Group text would make this the perfect messaging app for me. It could even be a "premium" feature that I would be willing to buy a full version for!

• wshalsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, have an HOA and want to email to homeowners. WOuld be nice rather than emails!

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love, love, love MightyText. I would use it all the time except... I can't because I frequently use group texts and it isn't supported. I would even be willing to pay a small unlock fee for this feature.

• michael.j.puccini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love group text ability, though the 10 limit would also hurt me, as I sms groups up to 80 or 90 in size from time to time for work.

• bob.sarno.62 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ABSOLUTELY agree that MightyText needs to support group texts...that is primarily all I use now to communicate with friends and family. MightyText is AWESOME, just want it even more so!!!!

• jkcmama0307 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to support group texting since my family and I use group texting frequently

Feedback and Knowledge Base