I suggest you ...

Group messaging

If you could link your groups from your google account or create new groups and send a mass text?

639 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dsnharperdsnharper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  infoAdmininfo (Admin, MightyText) responded  · 

Group Messaging support (Group MMS Reply-All) added to MightyText on October 5th, 2013.

(NOTE: Your Android phone must be able to do Group Messaging for this to work on the PC/Tablet)

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • nadmcdonaldnadmcdonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, as below. I used to be able to send group messages but now it simply says it's sending but nothing happens.

• hiway12hiway12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

group text used to work but no longer does, receives but unable to reply (waiting for phone to send) Android 4.4.4, using stock messaging app

• michael.rosenzweigmichael.rosenzweig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried group texting from mightytext.net/app/ , says it's "waiting for phone to send" but not sending. Phone's MMS (via Google Hangout SMS) is enabled. Not sending.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also considering removing this app because of no group messaging :( Shame because apart from that its great!

• jdjd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to be able to send mms and group message (treated as mms) from my computer, but not after the verizon Kitkat update :(
        Please fix this :(

• dennising.esqdennising.esq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm removing this app from my Galaxy S3 and my computer because there is no group texting. Such a disappointment.

• frausefrause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not "completed". I can't send a group MMS message from my PC or tablet, while I can reply on my phone. HUGE problem

• ctempleton13ctempleton13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed this app to be able to use my PC to group text message. I love the availability to be aple to use a key board to text, however, when I read the description under the APP i thought it also said group text too. Am I missing something?

• skiwidgetskiwidget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my samsung s4 does group messaging... this app never has. very frustrating. it receives texts from groups but i cannot reply to them or initiate a group text from the pc.

• gildelaney2gildelaney2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to create SAVE-for-reuse unique groups from my ANDROID's "contacts" data base. I need to be able to write a message, click a group and SEND - that simple. I need to be able to EDIT the group at will. I'd like the numbers to be hidden so that I am not held responsible for giving out numbers mindlessly. This APP was presented as such on various reviews, but when I loaded it I was again disappointing as I had been with three other apps I've installed, then had to uninstall. So here I go again:-(

• gcaglegcagle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! This is the primary reason I wanted to use an app like this. I want to be able to send a mass SMS, but not as an MMS 'group' SMS but as individual SMS's, using a PC, to a specific Gmail group.

• mcyc1608mcyc1608 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the option of sending group messages from my android phone's stock messaging app but not from this app. If i could do it from the app, esp. from my PC this app would be perfect!

• carolyncarolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android removed GROUP texting when they updated to icecream and jelly bean. So, I was hoping that Mighty Text would fill the void.
        Also, when I add several names to send a text from, if I COPIED AND PASTED the information, they do not get the message, just a square blank

• pedrojrodriguez2014pedrojrodriguez2014 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, this application doesn't allow group msg. It looks great, but I don't have the time to select each person I need to send a txt every time I have to send a bulk txt. Try to fix it and I'll install again. The application is in the right path, just need the to be able to create groups.

• bill.bishopbill.bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion is really on half complete. The web app does allow me to type multiple peoples names into a message and group the message for reply's. However, what would truly make group messaging useful is if the web app could send individual text messages to a group already defined in Gmail. For instance, if I want to send a message to all 30 parents of the soccer team, I could type "Soccer Parents" in the To: line then each parent would get a separate text message.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base