I suggest you ...

keep MightyText running in the background so that notifications appear even if the Chrome window is closed

Chrome has a 'background' apps feature, I'd love to still get notifications even if I close the browser window!

6,632 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mailmail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ysextonysexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could get MT Notifier to run. Every time I start my computer, it's a battle to get MTN logged in.

• drmedanodrmedano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised that it it does not work to forward text and call notifications consistently. I would prefer not to pack my phone around my home too.

• garydeloachgarydeloach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good and useful feature. Pushbullet has this feature and I think MightyText should have it also.

• sunnyDsunnyD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this app help me find oit if my lover is cheating or hiding stuff from me

• Tobbe WilsonTobbe Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To keep it running in the background is good but it has to be able to keep track of the specified user logged into Chrome.
        We are three users with different logins to Chrome, only i have MightyText, allthough all of us get the login reminder all the time on all our computers.
        Very anoying!!!

• MikeyMikey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Background Notifications in Firefox - i am using a MAC and have growl installed?

• dom2114dom2114 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you have the google hangouts extension installed (or any other extension that is designed to run in the background), you should still be able to see mightytext notifications if the browser is closed. its working for me anyway. Would be great to have mightytext support this natively though and not need another background app running for it to work.

• karry.flahertykarry.flaherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running in the background is a good thing for me. I like using my screen and keyboard as opposed to my smart phone when texting.

• joejoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i get every few days..some all at once..some not at all? any help

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have Mighty Text running with the browser window closed. I like getting messages on my screen when someone calls me and/or texts me a message. This is a great program and I would love it even more if I did not have to leave my browser open to continue to receive these messages

• hartwgahartwga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have Mighty Text running with the browser window closed. I like getting messages on my screen when someone calls me and/or texts me a message. This is a great program and I would love it even more if I did not have to leave my browser open to continue to receive these messages.

• ac3boyac3boy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like not getting notifications when chrome is closed. If you do do this please have a way to not receive when chrome is quit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use chrome chortcut on my launcher together with the gmail extention. New texts always show up.

• gi11i4mgi11i4m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get notifications anymore when Chrome is closed, even if it runs in the background. MightyText doesn't provide the 'background app' option and doesn't run when Chrome is closed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base