I suggest you ...

"Auto Update"

It would be cool if after you sent a message that it went to the top of the list automatically and the list refreshed itself instead of having to refresh the list after every message to keep it chronological

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bjlarock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was on a borrowed macbook for a week when i began using mightytext. i really like it and it worked perfectly. then i got my netbook fixed and hooked it up with the netbook, and now its doing lots of the things others are mentioning. main thing is, incoming texts will go to phone, and will pop up in sidebar of MT on my computer, but won't register in the thread box unless i hit refresh. also, the sidebar notifications will show up multiple times, often several showing up one under the other for the same incoming text. i've rebooted phone and unlinked/relinked it. nothing fixes.

• Colonel Panic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have problems with this as well...but it's kind of inconsistent. Sometimes it seems to work properly, other times it never seems to refresh and I have to click the button manually to force it.

One thing I have noticed is that the quick reply pop-up boxes tend to be much better about auto-refreshing and showing the newest content for that particular conversation...where as the extension showing the classic view seems to often have problems for me.

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Since it can already communicate with Chrome (and I'm assuming other browsers) to display a notification, it would be great if the app would cause the page to auto-refresh, assuming you have the page open already.

• shmuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to close a contacts tab without having to delete the messages contained in it. Same for incoming and missed calls.

• Jenna Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if I had a problem with Chrome (I use the dev release) or if the web app was updated, but this started working as expected a few days after I originally commented.

• Jenna Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion and would like to expand upon it. When I receive messages, the web app does not refresh (load the new message, move that contact to the top of the message list, etc.) unless I hit RELOAD and load the entire page again. It's slow and frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base