I suggest you ...

Delete Multiple Message Threads at Once

Make it able to delete multiple message threads at once.

540 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
richmchenry112 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jerseybuckeye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use standard selection procedure:
    1-click one to highlight it then shift+click to highlight another (end of range) and press to delete all included in that range
    2-click+ctl to highlight non adjacent items and press delete to delete them

• em2mcl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wondering if you are working on a way to select multiple texts on the web page for deletion. I know personally I get 30-40 a day that are notifications only and that feature would make life easier for me. Thank you for the great product!

• PA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A complete miss that this app doesn't allow you delete messages in bulk. Really? I've got to delete each message (out of hundreds) one at a time. It takes three actions to delete a message - select, delete, confirm delete...

Otherwise useful. But this deficiency is a deal breaker.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I just paid for Pro thinking there may be a bulk delete. Very surprised there is not. You need to add this.

• JWL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I just started using MT a few months back, and now my MT browser is cluttered with 100's of SMS threads (I get a LOT of automated texts, each one seems to arrive on a different 4-digit "number" and thus creates a new thread in MT). It will take me an hour to delete each one of these threads manually using the current process. There needs to be an easier way.

• Stephen Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this feature has been asked for MANY times in the last 3 years and it still not done!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AGREE there should be a way to delete multiple messages AND pictures at ONE time!

• dziman79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very requisite function! Strange that app doesnt include it yet.
    Adding synchronization of deleted messages between PC and mobile device also would be great.
    Very uncomfortable twice remove same messages.

• txmanx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be the most irritating aspect of this service. If you need developers to make this happen, CHARGE for the service/app and let us pay you to address this stuff.

Alternatively; let us turn off the confirmation when deleting messages!

• lmbknox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone else on this post - why isn't there a batch mode or checkboxes to delete multiple threads?

• gdome.nz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to easily clean up my message threads is the reason I uninstalled this app. I can't believe that there isn't an easy way to do this already!

• didger.oreilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to delete multiple messages. I can do it sms on my phone with check boxes. I agree with previous comments. Fix this and I will use it. As it is now, I don't either the web or android app. Yes, it is that important and as a application/web developer it could be updated in 10 minutes using ajax.So either you are ignoring these comments or they aren't important to you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base