I suggest you ...

Option to disable notifications

I think a good feature would be to have the ability to disable the pop-up notifications.
Possibly also add a "Flash Tab / Title bar" option as well.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mike.isbell.417 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

right click on the blue icon on that pest of a notification.
        Why was that not indicated?
        JB

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting harassed by mighty text pop up telling me to put the app on my tablet even though i do not want it. I get this notification about every five minutes!
        Enough is enough.
        I have tried time and again to get rid of it.
        I have had it several times just while trying to find some way to GET IT OFF MY SYSTEM
        JACK BOSWELL

• dannyaguilar58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only problem I came across was after enabling popup notifications, after previously disabling them, the popup notification would not work

• alerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the time limit settings don't seem effective - even if I set for notifications to stay on they fade, and then they come back even if I've x'ed them out.

• 1girland3guys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was a way to disable notifications on the computer app when accessing the SMS through the phone. I hate all of the popups that I have to close when I login on my laptop after.

• rasmus.malver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if you could choose *what* you want a notification for. I don't need a popup every 5 seconds, because I'm on an unstable internet connection.

• Ryan Sawadichai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, it's kind of annoying using the web interface on Firefox and having "Notifications are no supported on this browser/OS" pop up every time I get a message. And even in Chrome, I don't *need* notifications all of the time, my phone notifies me that I got a message, then I open up MightyText to see what it is and reply. I'm going to be opening up MightyText anyway, unless I'm trying to ignore people (and if I'm trying to ignore people, I don't want to be getting notifications).

Feedback and Knowledge Base