I suggest you ...

Splitting messages

I know there is a maximum amount of characters for an SMS. But why does Mightytext split my messages? My phone doesn't split messages. I think this will be a huge step forward!

485 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
frederikrooms shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the latest version (5.41) on a Samsung S4 mini running Android 4.4.2. My outgoing messages are still splitting. It never used to do this and it is incredibly annoying. Perhpas MightyText could relase the older versions that didn't split messages for folks to use whilst (if) they fix this critical problem.

• martin.mutel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I've been using mighty text for a while now and I love it. I ust changed my phone and now the messages are split into very small pieces. It's really annoying for the persons I text to. I searched the settings to try to find an option to avoid that but didn't find any. ANy help ?

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mighty text have flagged this problem as fixed (completed) yet it clearly still persists. This is strange since not only do sooo many users find it a big problem, but it is such a basic function/ requirement of this kind of app. Pls respond, admin? Maybe u'll give us a 2015 New Year's gift?!

• mdcorreia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is s stupid mistake to break messages this way... The other Apps do not do it... I will never upgrade to Pro unless this issue gets fixed...

• Christopher Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A default SMS message is 160 from my understanding. Longer messages can be put in MightyTest up to 1000 char. If you send a long message, it is a jumbled broke up mess for the person receiving it. If destination is an iPhone it seems worse. Recommend that logical breaks on a sentence or word always be used, and have a strict SMS limit option. Also sending of multiple message with a 10-20 second pause may help with the jumbled order for the recipient.

• Andrew H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem, and yes, a deal breaker for me also. I probably would have subscribed - so I glad I was able to test it out before hand. Splitting the messages up confused the heck out of one of my recipients, and it costs me more to send. I won't be using it again from my PC - as much as I love this function - until I know for sure this is fixed.

• Marcus Platt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am glad I read this thread before going Pro, as I assumed the splitting messages was a limitation of not subscribing to Pro. This is, unfortunately, a deal breaker. I just installed the app today and can see this being an amazing tool for me. However, the splitting of text messages is not ideal.

• Tor P Saltrøe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The splitting of long messages is extremely annoying and no smartphone in 2014 does this. Call it SMS or MMS, but an app such as this should be able to handle sending and receiving long messages.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am having this issue. It's the only thing that's wrong with this app. Not going Pro until it's fixed. Thanks though guys.

• BJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great software but with my messages splits I'm not sure I'll keep MightyText, it's too annoyed.

• Cally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, since few months now.
    Plz, fix it ! MightyText is a really really good app, very useful !!

• francisco.paulos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it only started to happen from a certain version update i'm using the app from quite while and only like a week or so i notice this faulty. Any plan when it will be fixed again?

• Kurtph1969 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the "splitting messages" issue is a deal breaker. I use Mighty Text to read messages on my PC but sending messages is awful as it is very confusing for the recipient, particularly if there is a delay in receiving the "split messages". I look forward to a fix.

• Noah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version 5.08 on Android 4.3 - still splitting my texts into 68-character chunks. (NOT 160 characters, which might make some sense, but 68 characters).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. It should be possible to handle long text messages. Over all it´s a great app. Thanks! :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base