I suggest you ...

Have an option to add contact names

The numbers of my contacts are all stored on the phone only. So I imagine that's why when I click the sync with google contacts it doesn't do anything all my text messages appear as a phone number only. There should be a way in the web app to add or change information on a certain conversation as I have to root through all the phone numbers and look at my previous conversations to figure out who it is. For that reason I use mightytext mostly for replying but I cannot really send off a conversation starting message as it is not super efficient.

Would be cool! Thanks! Otherwise I love the idea and the service!

567 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rhyshalsey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: sso facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • pat.palmer.tax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I get a text from someone for the very first time and read it in MightyText, it would be great if I could go ahead and add them to my Contacts from there. Especially in cases of a short code. I like to change my short codes to the name of the Contact.

Fantastic app though, just as it is! Thanks!

• soluquip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add a feature so we can edit our contacts and sync to our phone. For most of my contacts, I have several phone numbers. I have work, fax numbers and cell number, and they are all marked as such. However, Mightytext brands them as either work, mobile or... "other", even though I have them in phone as MOBILE. I am not getting it!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mighty text if they add this feature I would recommend it, right now thumbs down.
    they need to add new contact as a name and phone number both.

I used to be able to add contacts from my PC which then automatically synchronised with my phone. Now it seems this feature has been taken away. Or am I just being daft?

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Mightytext manages to grab all the my contact names from my phone apart from three. These appear as numbers in spite of trying everything! It would solve my problem simply to enter the names.

• thirddayjoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It is easier to add a phone number to a text message using the Web/Google app and then have that sync with Google contacts and phone.

• tjohns20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an interim, it would be nice to be able to select the number text somewhere so we can go to the Google contacts website and paste it in

It would be an amazing boon to be able to add contacts from Mighty Text on my computer to Google. I use the app to communicate with students . . . all 100 of them, and it's a pain to add all of them on my phone.

• mydandyandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that such a basic feature -- with 363 votes -- has not been implemented. Would love to see this functionality as well.

• cf2108 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be totally useful to be able to update contacts that come only through computer sources. Thanks for a great app. Would love to be able to add contacts from the web interface to make it perfect!

• dsudds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updating the Google contacts from the web interface would definitely be a very useful addition
    Typically when a text arrive from a new number then it would be very convenient to add it with a name into the contacts and then sync the new contact with phone.
    Thanks guys for MightyText, I use it all the time.

• elementation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if we could add new Google contacts from the web interface (I realize the Contacts API sucks ;))

Feedback and Knowledge Base