I suggest you ...

deleted messages on phone will be deleted in web app

I love the new web app, but the only thing i think is missing is full sync with the phone, mainly when you delete messages on the phone they would be gone the next time you opened the web app

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gmilliken37 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • neilbbaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my goodness. you would think this would be a basic feature of Mightytext. Another need is to be able to delete most items in a thread but leave selected text(s) in the thread. Right now all we have on the pc side is a complete delete of the thread.

• avwebnetonline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump!

Would like to keep messages archivved in Mightytext web app, but when I DO delete them from my web app, that would mean I don't want to keep them, period. Delete them from my phone.

• jseboek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delete message thread from phone it deletes from Web app. Delete from Web app, deletes from phone. So, yes, please, full sync! Those who want to back-up their messages should get a back-up program. My 2.5 cents worth.

• spangly72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the messages to be deleted from the app when I delete them on the phone. Thanks.

• kaye.joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reverse process would also be great: when a text (or thread of texts) is deleted from the web app, it would also be deleted from my Android device.

• lilzmsdangerous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont like when a call or message is deleted off my phone it deletes from the app..Im dropping this app cause thats what i wanted. All my conversations and calls logged on to the web.

• kym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 at least move them into an 'archive when I delete them from teh phone so they aren't active in teh web interface. I get dozens from automated deployments and want to keep the record but move them out of my 'active' message stack

• Mark VB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A very simple solution to archiving message is to install an app designed specifically for this propose. I use "SMS Backup +" to folder all my message into my Google account. It allows me to save and delete any messages or threads that I desire. And, using Outlook w/ IMAP to my Google account, I can sort message into conversations making retrieval or deletion of threads much easier.

I don't believe MightyText is intended to be an archive of all you text message. It's a web interface that allows you to communicate via SMS when your phone is not readily available or when you desire a full keyboard to communicate. In my opinion, It achieves this purpose very well as it is designed and I too would like to see message deleted from my phone deleted in MightyText.

• willowcreekmusic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the whole reason I wanted to sync my messages was to be able to have a backup of ALL my messages, even the ones I delete from my phone. I don't want to store 1000's of messages on my phone, but I do want to keep them somewhere. I will be looking at some other apps to see if any of the others do this successfully....

• gary.higgs.pmp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm adding my voice to those who do NOT want messages deleted in web app when deleted on the phone. At most, make that an optional setting.

• gi11i4m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like that my messages are still available in MightyText when I install a new ROM on my phone, BUT I would like my phone messages to be deleted when I delete them in the browser. Sooo, full sync with archived messages on the webservice?

• thatycby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to fully sync as well... I agree with Droid Razr and would like that messages deleted on phone got deleted on web or sms deleted on web got deleted on phone, but apparently it dosen't happens...
        I'm disappointed. What's the point of the app after all?!

• anonymouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I oppose this idea as well. I'm using this app as a back up in case something accidentally gets deleted. I wish there was a way to archive the messages so you could save them indefinitely.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I would like to see delete syncing as well... I havent tried delete from phone since I installed moments ago, but deleting from web doesnt delete SMS on phone. Droid Razr

• Cody Pitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually oppose this idea.. Personally, I like having mightytext as a back up to the messages that are on my phone, in case something accidentally gets deleted. I actually wish mightytext would save messages for longer than 60 days.

Feedback and Knowledge Base