I suggest you ...

Allow message notifications to disappear automatically after a predetermined amount of time

I hate it that when I go away from my computer for a few hours and use my phone to send and receive texts I have to manually click each notification to close it. There should be a way to set an amount of time after which the notification should close. (At least minimally there should be a "dismiss all notifications" button or something.

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Avrohom Eliezer Friedman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jediboybnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with original poster... I think something like 10 seconds is long enough for the notification to stay up...

• shannon.gillenwater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@dsmaldon. The same is true for your email, chat windows, and everything else. There isn't an issue here with MT. Your issue is that you need to lock your computer when you walk away rather than being lazy and waiting for the screen saver to kick in.

• jack43 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is my biggest complaint. I hate all the pop up for individual messages, incoming phone calls, etc....

Jack

• dsmalldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The other point about this is that if you leave your desk (if at work) then incoming messages are there for all to see, your screen saver may not kick in for ten or fifteen minutes, so there is a potential privacy thing too.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base