I suggest you ...

Sync Facebook contacts

I would like to have the option to sync up with facebook to grab profile pictures which is a nice option since most of my contact photos on my phone come from facebook. Thanks!

380 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kaes.kniestedt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • crawjunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I get this to work? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the MightyText Phone App, but the facebook contact photos are still not showing up as the profile picture for my contacts in MT, despite showing as the profile picture for the contacts on my phone.

• Wordhewer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this feature in any way contact my FB contacts? I assume it simply collects their mugshots, which I agree is a very fine feature.

Thanks for the continued development, and for actually requesting feature input!

I love this app+application.

• cdmiras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Resetting my anroid phone to synch with facebook and allowed all photos to appear. Try it it works.

• johnhurquidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I agree, I would like to be able to sync Mighty Text with Facebook. The only contacts that showup are the ones that I manually entered in my phone.

• r.weatherly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want to support this as well. i appear to have all the settings put in for syncing photos, but none of my contacts with facebook photos will sync. The ones with gmail/google plus photos sync, even one that has a photo from skype synced with mightytext.. but not facebook photos. I think its safe to assume that is where most people get their contact photos from.

• iambenshort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, currently most of my Android contacts are joined to their relevant facebook contacts, which is where I get most of my pictures from and some contact information too. It would therefore be very useful to sync these contacts with MightyText too, still allowing the ability for contacts to be joined!

• csimmons22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MightyText already gets it's contact info (and pictures) from your phone's contacts... which already are in sync with your gmail account. There is an item in the Android settings to merge your Facebook friends with phone contacts. They might achieve what you're looking for!

• gergith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync names/pictures/numbers for facebook contacts to MightyText? or to my gmail contacts? EITHER way would be cool :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base