I suggest you ...

Don't ask for confirmation when deleting entire thread.

please remove the pop up that says are you sure you want to delete. That just takes too many click If I click delete I want to delete no need to ask me.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
sinned96 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not removing the confirmation, simply allowing multiple conversations to be selected for deletion would be helpful

• lmbknox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the confirmation pop up too, if your concern is a confirmation for 100's or 1000's of texts, just put a limit on it. If you're deleting more than X number of messages, confirm deletion. everybody's happy

• nabistay2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the notification/ asking before deleting a contact's messages from mightytext. it only takes a second to click yes, and saving the pain of accidentally deleting all the messages from person A when i was trying to delete all the messages from person B (via a double click or whatever) is worth the couple of seconds.

Great job on the app!

• dan.sajdowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to beat a dead horse since you seem to have your mind pretty well set on this, but I'd like to point out the fact that every single messaging app on Android allows you to quickly and easily delete entire conversations.

I'd also like to point out that deleting conversations on MightyText doesn't delete them on the phone, so it's not as though you're actually losing any real data.

Catering to someone like lianne (below) is catering to someone on the fringe. Most people don't have to go 3 hours without their phone, let alone 3 months. And in lianne's case, there are better solutions for SMS backup (e.g. SMS Backup+).

I guess it's just a matter of knowing your user. Most of us are the types of people sitting at a computer all day, which is why MightyText is convenient to use. This implies a certain level of technical knowledge. I think we're intelligent enough to decide if "Delete All Without Confirmation" is the right choice for ourselves.

I don't want another SMS Backup app. I want the convenience of SMS/MMS on my computer so I'm not constantly handling my phone. That's what brought most of us to MightyText to begin with.

I'd even go a step further and say I don't really want you storing my messages on your servers - and I'm not even a privacy nut!

My suggestion: put it to the users. You've posted polls for other things, so why not this? Get some actual feedback instead of projecting your users are going to want to use MightyText for a different reason than why they originally downloaded and installed it. After all, "we think lots of our users will store hundreds (or 1000’s) of text messages per thread" is really nothing more than hyperbole without the research, isn't it?

• dan.sajdowitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Then perhaps make it a selectable option or user preference? It's rather hard to accidentally click on the "Delete" box. I'm also of the mind that the fewer clicks I need, the better.

• WORMSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe an option to confirm delete may be in order.. Its not often I need to repeatedly delete multiple threads. So if it was to start to annoy me, I could turn it off, delete a bunch, and then turn it on again.

• lianne.osullivan87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No I think its better to ask, on the old app far too many times I had an accidental delete that would have been prevented by asking for confirmation and as I don't have access to my phone for 3 months at a time I can't just check my phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base