General

1. Miss the quicker interface.

I dislike the fact that MightyText has to be used while as a tab. I miss how you could easily open it and close out of it automatically when you send your text.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google MightyText
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MightyText Beta does not work if you have 'block third party cookies' enabled

If you have enabled 'Block third party cookies and site data' in Google Chrome then the MightyText Beta (website https://mightytext.net/app/) doesn't work - it just keeps refreshing and never loads the main block. (Just says Loading with the spinner and refreshes the page)

You should put on your FAQ or similar that in order to get around this setting you need to add 'textyserver.appspot.com' to the list of exceptions for loading third-party cookies.

Otherwise loving MightyText so far, massive support for it and cheers to all the people behind it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MMS Pics - Awesome Feature

This is really more of a comment than a suggestion, but I just noticed that the pics also show up in the text window for incoming text. AWESOME feature!! I'm so impressed with this app.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Scheduled Messages

I have a separate app that just allows me to type a message and set the delivery day/time. I think it would be great to add that to the list of awesome features of this great app!!!

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make it so you can save a message as a draft, that also syncs with your phone.

It would be quite convenient at times to be able to save a message as a draft while on my computer, and be able to finish it on my phone. And vice versa.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outgoing Messages box - move to right side of page

Opening the web app - the left side is too congested. List of all the people i exchange SMS and the outgoing message box. Love the idea of a "history" box, but cannot see anything because it is cramped in the bottom left corner. Right side is completely empty- so why not move it over there so it is more useful.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE MIGHTY TEXT

Your app is just awesome. I truly value it and it makes me so much more productive. I had my phone virtual keyboard, being able to text while I work is just amazing! I would pay for this app on my phone if you charged! I love, love, love it!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make it possible to update someone's name right from mightytext

a lot of my contacts only show up as phone numbers because their phone number isn't actually stored in gmail, it's grabbed from facebook. If i could give them a name in mightytext that would be awesome!

another way to do it would be to sync with facebook as well as gmail.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New and more consistent graphic

I really like this service, and the new beta is awesome so far. However I find aesthetics to be a little disturbing (more than 6 colors used throughout the service, spacing is a little off and so on).
    As a graphic designer, I offer myself to design a new interface keeping the same layout the web app already has. Let me know if you are interested and if it's possible to be fitted!

Oh, I would do that for free clearly. The service is free, so I guess it is my giveback to the developers' great work!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Go buy yourself a drink cause I love the app!

As a matter of fact change that....Go to a nice bar you like and walk up to the first girl that catches your eye and let her know what you'll be having....don't worry you won't have to tell her who you are, it's THAT good.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Carry-over "Enter" to message app

With the new webapp, users can use the "Enter" key to create a new line but it doesn't carry-over to the message app. I created new lines in a text and checked both Handcent SMS and the stock Messaging app and the new-line is ignored.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notification Control, Plus Sound Notification

MightyText That would be nice, or combine them to 1 notification when multiple present. If i step away from my computer, text a few people say maybe 15 texts on my phone. When i come back i have to spam the X 15 times to close them all. Just clicking 1 would make the most sense. Maybe after receiving multiple texts it would just say X messages from this person, (or multiple if talking to others.)

I also would love a sound or some other notification for when chrome is not the focus, or i am in a full screen…

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have incoming call notification close itself if the call is picked up,

If I answered the call, I don't need that window there anymore. A missed call notification box could pop up if the call was not answered.
    I know its just closing a single box, and what is one click in the grand scheme of my life? But its literally the only issue I have with the app.
    Otherwise, MIghtyText is amazing. You do great work!

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Black & White colors for use at WORK.

Using this at work is great because I can send texts in seconds with my keyboard apposed to minutes with the phone. One thing that would be awesome would be to personalize the skin or style of the web messenger. The colors are high contrast and catch peoples eyes easily. I would really love it if you made a choice to have a skin that has a smooth off white/grey style (kind of like google chrome default). I think it would look awesome and people wouldn't notice me (and many others I assume) messaging from the computer.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Awesome

This is So Awesome

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Contact name and phone

Some people I text have both a work and a personal cell phone, I text to both (depending on the content). Currently, the contact only lists the name. Perhaps also listing the number somewhere so we can determine what the phone number is that we are sending the text?

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have the counter count down to when a message will be split into multiple messages (like twitter does)

this would allow a user to see right when the message will be split, so they can change wording as necessary. so instead of guessing when you've hit 160 characters, it would let you know.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Re-organize the threads pane

The left hand column displays all SMS threads. When a new message comes in, I think that thread should be moved to the top and the background color could be changed (color could be a user setting). If multiple messages are new, then the most recent is displayed at the top.

Thanks for a great product and web app.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Great so far!

I would like to see the extension brought up like the app. Gets to be a pain switching between tabs (I know I might be lazy lol) Only feature suggestion is possible deleting of threads on the phone? Like a second button to delete from phone only and the first button the same to delete from online only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base